Digital Matte Painting // Project 2 & 3

 Digital Matte Painting // Project 2 & 3

Ibrahim Fazal Ahmad / 0337423
Digital Matte Painting / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylors University 

INSTRUCTIONS 

Week 6

We were supposed to come up with a few ideas however I misinterpreted it and drew them. Rather we were supposed to find a "base plate" and edit our images.


Week 9

This week I took a few base plates and edited them based on our prompt. The first being inside an airplane hangar which honestly I wasn't too fond of but it was okay. I much preferred the church with snow instead and would prefer to continue forth with that.



Week 10

I tried adding more story based on what Mr Kannan had told me about. About how they may have created their own cross as a way to comfort themselves. I also moved the portal and got rid of anything in the direct foreground as advised by Mr Kannan as well. The snow currently looks very unreal and nothing looks like its being changed by the snow. 


Week 11

I attempted to make the snow look much more real and added a lot more of different snow images and textures. I was still really unhappy with it and so was sir, to which we both concluded I should just start a new one from scratch. I personally am really scared because I don't know if I'll have enough time but here's to hoping.


WEEK 12

This weeks idea was not based on the prompt but rather my own. It was based off an image I had seen on Pinterest earlier of a bunch of gigantic swords having fallen down in a lake. I should this idea of gigantic warriors who were cursed and turned into stone and fell apart over the years would be really interesting. Mr Kannan suggested I move the main focus more to the middle where there'd be a gigantic sword rather than the focus being on the left.


WEEK 13

I changed the image based on Mr Kannans feedback and also added some stairs and a new shrine object in place of the previous sword. I was told that the gates were currently huge, including the stairs leading below were gigantic. It didn't make any proper sense. 


WEEK 14

This is the final version of my Invisible Set Extension. Personally, I think could have done better but honestly I don't think I have it in me to keep trying like I usually do this semester. After being so tired and exhausted, I think I need to accept that sometimes not everything will be perfect and not everything I do will be fantastic as we all have weaknesses.


WEEK 15

After completing the Invisible Set Extension, I animated it in Adobe After Effects. This part wasn't too difficult since I am pretty familiar with After Effects. There was definitely more I would've liked to do but time wasn't on my side this time around. Here is the video of the animation:

REFLECTION

Okay well, I did not enjoy this subject. I've learned a lot for sure, but it was not a subject that I particularly enjoyed at all. It felt frustrating and difficult every single step of the way. I just felt really weirdly underprepared, theres so many things I just didn't really get how to do for some reason. Whether it was just burnout or something else I was not enjoying myself. I did learn a lot about observation skills though. The important of how the different objects you place in said environment should be affected as though theyre actually there. Like wood in snow or stones in a forest, they will all look different and it's important to pay attention to that.

Comments

Popular Posts