Environment Design // Art Bible + Final Render

 Environment Design // Art Bible + Final Render

Ibrahim Fazal Ahmad / 0337423
Environment Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylors University 

INSTRUCTIONS 

For our final project in Environment Design, we are supposed to render one of the images that we had finalised. I had three images finalised, being the graveyard in Maldives and the two different Korean regions. I wanted to focus on the Maldivian region because I felt more comfortable working on something a bit more familiar to myself. 




After doing some rough base colours, I tried doing some lighting and shading tests for the environment:



Mr Kannan had commented that the house on the right look very awkward and the perspective was just way too strong. He demonstrated how to fix it during class after which I applied it and continued into
rendering the entire piece. I used references from Genshin Impacts environment design. Painting the water was really fun, overall I really just enjoy environment design in general and would love to continue. After the consultation, I was told just to continue and finish this completely.


I'm really happy with how this turned out in the end! I feel like I capture the vibes from home well and the cultural designs as well. I wish I could have rendered the mountains and nightmare in the Korean region but due to a restriction on time I had to settle with one only. I also did a coloured version of the interior for the graveyard home on the right.



Here is the final submission, being my Art Bible. It includes both components from Game Art and Environment Design, hope you enjoy!

REFLECTION

If I have to be honest, this semester was genuinely the most difficult time I've had in my last 19 years of existence. I was so tired all the time, and with external factors keeping up with work was so difficult. I wish I had been able to concentrate more on my designs and fully complete my environment concepts in Korea because I really did like them. But unfortunately you can't always win! Sometimes I need to accept that. But overall, I really really loved environment design. When I finally finished my render I felt so happy because it was the first time I really worked on a full environment design alone. I will definitely continue experimenting and practicing environments. I've also noticed the importance of perspective in all of these no matter how simple or complex. A slight bit of incorrect perspective can throw everything off so easily for the viewers, which is why we must always be very conscious of our drawings. Though I still struggle a lot! I've realised how long environment design really takes as well, it's such a different process in comparison to character design. Overall, I did really enjoy this subject but I just wish I didn't feel so overloaded at times.

Comments

Popular Posts