Collaborative Design Practice - Task 3

Collaborative Design Practice 

Ibrahim Fazal Ahmad / 0337423
Design Exploration / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylors University 

INSTRUCTIONS 

Week 8

E-Learning Week

Week 9

During this week I was working on the copywriting of our Instagram and Facebook posts. I had already broken down the post ideas during week 6. I did some research for each one of the posts, after which I passed over the document to Meiling and she finished off the research. 

Social Media Posting Ideation

Social Media Post Planning


After handing off the copywriting to Meiling. I was told to work on the animated video. I requested to work on the animation by myself as I feel it would be easier to keep everything consistent. I am also the most experienced in animation within our group so I feel more comfortable working alone. 

Week 10

During this week I worked on the illustrations and animated video. Using the storyboard I created, I had a plan of how I wanted the video to flow. Firstly, I recorded the script myself using Audacity. After which I exported the audio.


After I had my audio recorded. I used illustrator and created the different assets for our video. I kept the colours to our brand colours and tried making the illustratons themselves more rounded and friendly feeling. After which I broke them down into separate illustrator files for each scene. 



After breaking them down into separate files. I exported them into Adobe After Effects where I began my animation process. 


Here I would work within each composition and combine them later into a larger composition. After Effects was quite buggy so it was a little difficult to work.


After I finished the animation, I exported it into an mp4 file. The video isn't complete yet but it was just a rough animation done to see if the pacing of the video feels okay. Once this was completed, we added all our work into our Google Slides presentation for Ms Zazila. 

Here is our final presentation for Task 3:

REFLECTION

This task felt more enjoyable as we got to do more physical work. I enjoyed being able to contribute more and doing something I felt more comfortable working on. While graphic design is interesting it definitely isn't my forte. I felt like I could not contribute as much and Meiling had trouble since we are all not from graphic design. So being able to work on stuff I felt more confident in was nice. I learned about how important a brands image to the public is, and also that sometimes brand keep specific colours and imagery as they are already associated with said brand. Animating was also rather simple in comparison to my design exploration class so that was a nice plus. 

Comments

Popular Posts