Professional Development Week - Reflection

Professional Development Week

Ibrahim Fazal Ahmad / 0337423
Major Project / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylors University 

During week 8, we are required to attend a few talks relating to different subjects that will help us in the future. I took part in six different sessions.

Financial Literacy for Fresh Graduates

I thought this was a very insightful and useful class. I learned a lot about the different types of loans/interests/other money related terms. I am not someone who is super money conscious at times. But this session really taught me a lot of how important it is to save and be smart with your money. After this session I felt much more prepared for the future on how to handle money.

Best Practices in Personal Branding Strategy via LinkedIn

This session was about building our personal brands and profiles on LinkedIn. I thought this session was useful, but definitely a bit late in terms of when I needed this. I had my internship a year by this point and would've preferred this to be had placed before my internship not after. It was still a good session and I learned more on how important connections and building reputation is. 

The Power of I.P Monetisation

This session was a bit more confusing to me personally. As I did not really understand IP design more from this webinar. It felt more like an advertisement for the place doing this rather than solely informative on IPs. I left feeling just a bit underwhelmed more than anything.

Lessons from Father of Malaysian Animation Industry

This was a really interesting session as it was specifically aimed towards us design students for once! So being able to listen to Mr Hassan speak was very insightful. I learned a lot about how it's very important to continue to find and learn new things to give us new ideas in the future when thinking about creating a piece of media. I found this session very interesting and insightful.

Post Pandemic: Growth of Travel and Tourism Industry

As someone who is a complete outsider to the events management sort of field. I found this session very insightful into looking at another fields work. The type of work and level of organisation is very different when compared to design. Overall, I enjoyed this session as it was a nice insight into what some people outside of design work on. 

Comments

Popular Posts